The school of Science (SoS) in Himalayiya University is focused on offering high quality education in the realm of Science and offers various programs with different thrust areas in the domain. The School of Science combines scientific principles with practice through the application of knowledge, scientific literacy, and research. Students interested in the applied sciences have access to top facilities, as well as opportunities for the hands-on training on research instruments. Working with dedicated faculty members, students gain the skills required to obtain prestigious awards, placement in top universities, or careers in leading companies.Our approach to teaching is one that maximises a student’s employability, through acquiring hands-on training on experimental facilities and having a solid theoretical background. School of Science is comprising of different science subjects and few interdisciplinary programs as well as graduate, post-graduate and Ph.D. degree programs.
- The Agriculture industry
- Research scientist
- Forensic crime research
- Chemical industry
- Education institutes
- Environmental management and conservation
- Researcher and accountant
- Oil industry (PSUs)
- Treasury management specialist
- Teacher and professor
- To prepare people with making sense of life and develop their own potential by infusing professional commitment and work values.
- To prepare the people actively participate in the development of science to advance the humanity.
- To get ready the people to adopt innovative and creative in society.
PG – (Two Years Degree Program)
M. Sc – Mathematics
Doctoral Program – (Full Time Ph.D Program)
The Department offers M.Sc. and Ph.D. programmes. The department mainly deals with nuances of physics and its various properties. The main objective of the courses is to provide the students with foundation knowledge of science-based careers. All courses in physics deals with developing creative thinking skills amongst the students and the power of imagination to enable graduates to work in the research industry for broader academic application.
There is a large number of scopes of studying physics-
- To become physicist/researcher.
- To Lecturer in Physics.
- Lab assistant.
- Subject matter expert.
- To work as technician, radiologist, academic counsellor, content developer.
- Quality control manager, scientist and radiation oncologist.
- Some of the top MNC’s hiring Physics students are: Analog devices, GE Digital, Atomic Lab, Tesla, Solar industries, NASA, ISRO, Intel, Electronic industries.
- The department of Physics plan, develop and offer academic programmes at the undergraduate, post-graduate and doctoral awareness levels.
- Organise and participate in workshops, conferences and seminars sponsored by national and international agencies with a view to improve transaction of science curriculum.
- Encourage research in discipline-based as well as systemic areas.
- Collaborate in the development of programmes/courses offered by other schools of the university.
Flow-chart of the Program
Master of Science (M.Sc.)
EVS/ Mathematics/ Physics
Department and Program Details:
|01||Mathematics||M.Sc.||A Bachelor degree in physics, chemistry and mathematics from a recognized Indian or foreign university (as per the AIU foreign equivalence list)||Four semesters|
|02||EVS/ Mathematics/ Physics||Ph.D.||a two years Master’s OR M. Phil Degree Having Secured minimum 55% marks from any accredited Indian or Foreign University in the relevant field||As per UGC norms|
Admission Process- Through their academic Merit/ through special entrance tests.
Ph.D. Admission Process -The University shall admit Ph.D. students through an entrance test and interview.Students who have qualified UGC/CSIR-NET-JRF, SLET, and GATEare exempted from the entrance test.
Dr. Pawan Singh
Department of Physics
The candidates are shortlisted on basis of the qualifying examination as per eligibility criteria prescribed by the University. The merit list is displayed and shortlisted candidates are required to attend a personal counselling session, to be eligible to get an offer for admission to the program. The personal counselling committee selects students on the basis of candidates’ qualifying testimonials, credentials and medical examinations.
Registrations are open for batch 2022-2023
For more information- please contact (+91- 7300567171, +91- 7300568080, +91- 7300568282)
School of Science & Technology (SoST)
|Course||Duration (Years)||Tuition Fee per Semester||Eligibility|
|M.Sc (Mathematics)||2||15,000||B.Sc PCM|
Note: Registration Fee – Rs. 1000, Enrollment Fee – Rs. 500 at the time of Registration (only once)
Examination Fee will be decided by the University at the time of Examination
31% Rebate in Tuition Fee for Permanent Resident of Uttarakhand